“There are so many choices…where do I begin?”
There are hundreds of different shavers on the markets with many different brands, models and styles leaving anyone to feel confused and anxious about making a purchase.
That is why we are here to help you find the best men’s shaver!
Even after doing hours of research you really won’t know how well your electric razor or safety razor works for you until you rip it open and give it test drive.
The other thing that is frustrating is that just because one shaver gets a ton of great reviews, doesn’t necessarily mean it is the best shaver for every man. Everyone has different needs so there might be a handful of different electric shavers that are right for you.
Men’s shavers and razors are definitely not all created equal.
What We Do
- On this site we break down all the different types of electric shavers and razors so that you can find the best one that works for you. If you are not sure which one you need, check out our types of electric shavers/razors article to see if you need a foil vs. rotary shaver.
- We then take all of the information available on Amazon (because let’s face it, if you are buying online, it should be on Amazon) and format it so that you can quickly evaluate many different razors without having to spend hours on the internet. We only take the best selling and top rated products from each category.
- Finally, each year we will compose our best of list, which will quickly give you the top 10 or so products of each category so you can immediately see the pros and cons of these best selling men’s electric shavers and razors.
Best Bang for Your Buck
The best electric shaver might not necessarily be the most expensive. That is why we are here for, we want to give you information on as many great products as possible so that you only spend what you need to.
Some will be better for others depending on what your needs are. For example, maybe you have sensitive skin or you are going to use the shaver for your head, you may require a different razor than the everyday crowd with an average beard.
A great electric shaver will be durable, easy to maintain, last longer than a few months and produce a powerful yet effective shave.
Of course there are some really high end models with lots of features if you want to treat yourself!
After spending hours upon hours of collecting this information you can feel comfortable knowing the products we recommend are only the best.
Not All Razors Are Created Equal
When you are looking to buy a great electric shaver there can be many features to consider. Some of the most common are:
- Battery Chargers – how long does it take to charge the batter? Does it come with a stand that is hard to place the charger in or just a simple plugin?
- Maintenance – is it easy to clean? Does it come with its own cleaning utensils or system?
- Trimmer – most shavers should have this to allow you to trim beard lines or other long hair.
- Wet/Dry Shaving – do you like to shave in the shower? Look for one of these.
- Automatic Shutoff – this is important in keeping your battery lasting as long as possible. Overcharging a battery will definitely shorten the life of your electric shaver.
- Low-battery Warning – this feature is pretty standard however it is worth checking so when you are rushing in the morning you don’t get surprised with a dead shaver.
- Power Cord – How long is the power cord? Is there enough length that you can plug in and shave for those days when you forgot to charge?
How Long Does an Electric Razor Last?
So you have decided to invest your hard earned money and buy a nice electric shaver. You want this to last long enough so you can see a return on your investment!
Many manufacturers will only give you a limited warranty for 6-12 months however some companies will offer longer warranties on higher end products.
Most of these shavers however should last for many years assuming you take care of them.
If you regularly clean and maintain your shaver and do not overcharge the batter you could get up to 10 years of use out of it!
However the life of your electric razor will also depend on how frequently you use it and how thick your beard is.
If you have a thicker beard you may have to replace the foil or screens sooner than those with a thinner beard. The manufacturer should provide you with a recommended maintenance/replacement schedule so that you get the best use of their product.
Higher end shavers will obviously give you a longer useful life, however, if you go with a less expensive model or brand you may only get 1-3 years out of it.
In general you get what you pay for it. If you can afford it, paying more upfront might be less expensive in the long run if you get double the life out of your razor.
Check back soon for even more reviews and shaving tips.
Find the perfect shaver for you, check out our product reviews now!