While every man’s skin and beard are different, it is generally accepted that a foil shaver is the best electric razor for a close shave.
Because every beard is unique it is often times hard to make a general recommendation, however, with one of the following razors you are sure to be satisfied.
Keep reading to find yours today.
Rotary Vs. Foil Shavers, Which Should You Choose?
As a proven time and effort saver, electric shaving gives you more convenience with the help of advanced technology. They often say “a great quick shave is better than a perfect one.”
Whether shaving in the shower or tackling your body hairs or even just fading your beard neckline, there will always be an electric shaver that will do the job for you.
Foil shavers use oscillating blades in a straight head, also known as cutters, underneath is a foil used to cut hair. The foil is the thin layer of metal, holed to form a mesh type of pattern that covers the cutters.
The foil captures the hair by using its holes, cutting it close to the skin resulting in a close shave
While rotary shavers usually have three (3) circular heads that have an internal spinning cutter that cuts the stubble being captured by the outer stationary guard.
They are specifically designed to follow the contours of your face, as you move the shave using a circular motion, the hairs fall into the annular grooves and are cut using a tiny scissor-like blade.
The circular motion makes it much easier to maneuver around hard to reach areas like the neck and chin.
If you’re using a foil shaver, you should go to the most sensitive areas first, before the shaver heats up and causes irritation to your skin. Always shave against the grain and in straight lines. Do not attempt a circular motion on a foil shaver only with a rotary shaver.
[su_box title=”Norelco Shaver 9700 – Best Electric Shaver For Close Shave” style=”default” box_color=”#2aff00″ title_color=”##000000″ radius=”6″ class=””]
Are you sick to death of controlling your quickly growing stubble with straight razors? If your answer to that query is YES, Then you are not alone.
Most shavers do not prefer straight razors either, but then again they utilize them because they all lack better alternatives. Even so, this is your lucky day because I have a solution for you, i.e., Philips Norelco 9700 electric razor from Phillips.
The firm has fabricated lots of shavers, but this one happens to solve most men’s shaving complications without a hassle. The shaver is also designed to shave regions underneath your neck and chin.
Even more, its double tilting razors guarantee that a clean, close shave is attained even in regions you cannot easily access.
The pros and cons of Norelco Shaver 9700:
- Offers 3 personal luxury settings
- The shaver comes with lots of useful features such as the digital user interface (DUI) with up to 5 indicators
- It is user-friendlier and affordable compared to most electric shavers out there
- You can feel free to shave with either foam or gel under the wet mode, and you won’t have to worry about stickiness
- Grants a clean, close shave especially when utilizing the dry mode
- Also comes with an extremely dependable self-cleaning unit which can also charge, dry, and even lubricate the shaver
- Guys with thicker and stiffer beards may need to execute more than one pass for a clean, close shave
[su_box title=”Braun Series 7 790cc – Close Shave Electric Shaver” style=”default” box_color=”#2aff00″ title_color=”##000000″ radius=”6″ class=””]
As a shaver, I presume you understand that there is a multitude of choices available on the open market when it comes to purchasing electronic gadgets and widgets.
These products are normally fabricated by distinct firms around the globe, and this implies that the quality of the given products can be considered dubious.
Finding yourself an impressive quality electric shaver from a reliable manufacturer is essential as you opt to buy a first-rate shaver. That is why the Braun Series 7 790cc shaver system ought to be strongly considered as you search for a Pulsonic shaver.
The pros and cons of Braun Series 7 790cc.
- It’s extremely comfortable
- Grants clean, close shaves
- Is recommended for sensitive skins
- Has an impressive build quality
- The battery life is remarkable
- Relatively quiet compared to most electric shaver
- Comes with an excellent cleaning unit
- A bit expensive
- Not the closest or cleanest shaving unit in its price range
[su_box title=”Panasonic Arc5 – Best Close Electric Shaver” style=”default” box_color=”#2aff00″ title_color=”##000000″ radius=”6″ class=””]
Coming at number 3 is the Panasonic Arc 5 electric shaver: a real principal in its range If you know what I mean. If you do not, what I am implying is that this first-rate electric shaver is a powerful and an efficient product with sufficient juice to stay in operation for quite some time.
Compared to the Braun series I just reviewed, Panasonic Arc 5 is both durably made and ergonomically designed.
Above all else, the brand “Panasonic” itself is one that most individuals have faith in quite a bit. Considering the trademark has been in existence for a couple of years, it’s no wonder the Arc 5 is so nicely fabricated.
Despite its tiny flaws, this electric shaver is enticingly durable and somehow affordable, with a price of around $300 on average.
The pros and cons of Panasonic Arc 5.
- Comes with a rechargeable battery
- Has a travel safety lock
- Travel pouch is included
- Comes with a powerful and ultra-quiet CPM linear motor
- The finishing foil effortlessly captures stubborn and thick hairs
- The lift tech foil raises all flat lying hairs to shave in perfect levels
- Has no dual cutting system
- The automated cleaning system takes almost an hour to finish
[su_box title=”Norelco Shaver 8900 – Best Men’s Electric Shaver For Close Shave” style=”default” box_color=”#2aff00″ title_color=”##000000″ radius=”6″ class=””]
Speaking of attention seekers, the Philips Norelco 8900 resembles something directly out of a science fiction TV Show. Don’t you mind its appearance though, because its functionality and durability have also earned it the 4th position on this coveted list.
The number of user-friendly and convenient features on this model are actually surprising. This is typically due to the simple fact that the electric shaver costs only 160 dollars.
Indeed, Philips Norelco 8900 doesn’t escape the well-known rule stating that all electronic gadgets on the open marketplace have integral faults to match their remarkable benefits.
The pros and cons of Philips Norelco 8900.
- The aquatic technology it comes with makes it possible to leisurely pamper your skin and also promptly shave on the go
- One of the least expensive electric shaver on this list
- Lightweight but then again durable. Features only 1.2 pounds of craftsmanship
- A single hour charge provides an hour of continuous shave
- Runs on a single battery
- The pivoted head doesn’t sit well with individuals who have a preference for traditional electric shaver head designs
[su_box title=”Braun Series 9290cc – Closest Electric Shaver” style=”default” box_color=”#2aff00″ title_color=”##000000″ radius=”6″ class=””]
The last product on this list is the Braun series 9290cc electric razor. It’s actually a lot like the Braun series 7 790cc we just reviewed, the only difference being a couple of distinct features.
I will only touch on the prime features of this product such as the mechanisms of its functionality and design, and also provide a straightforward overview of its overall performance rating.
We’ll also take a look at how stress-free it is to utilize and whether it’s easy to maintain and clean.
This somehow classy looking electric shaver is a powerful shaver regardless of its innocuous and sleek appearance.
As a matter of fact, it’s the endorsed shaver of the NFL, and this is enough selling point to encourage most sports fans to purchase the product.
The Braun series also offers a couple of outstanding features for shavers with special shaving needs. By that, I imply that it provides a quadruple cutting action intended to provide maximum adaptability to the shaver when he’s moving it over the distinct contours of his neck and face.
The pros and cons or Braun series 9 9290cc.
- Comes with a precision Trimmer for precise cuttings
- Has a one-touch programmed drying and cleaning option
- Charge system is included
- Has a fully pivoting foil head
- 100% waterproof
- Not recommended for dry shaving
- Comes with an overly simple LED display
There you have our top recommendations for a close shave. Which one is right for you of course will depend on your budget and your individual wants and needs.
In the end though, these are all solid razors and should get the job done.