Product: Philips Norelco 9300 Review
Rating: 4.1/5 stars on Amazon, 700+ reviews
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon
Guarantee: 2-year manufacturer warranty
The Philips Norelco 9300 is a classically designed personal shaver that sports some very useful features. It is reasonably priced while still providing you with the quality you would expect from the Philips Norelco brand. It comes with a powerful battery that charges as quick as five minutes. That isn’t all that you are going to love. Some of the other great features include:
Features of the Philips Norelco 9300
- Contour Detect Technology – What it is the razor detects the angles and curves of your skin so that it can adjust to it. The reason you want it is simple. You want it because it means you get a closer shave without cutting your skin or having to turn your head at an impossible angle.
- Precision Blades – These v-shaped blades are designed to cut the hair on the first pass. It means that you aren’t going over your skin over and over which is the cause of irritation and razor burn.
- Comfort Settings – You can choose how fast you want your razor to go. This allows you to control the pressure that you use and the speed in which you shave. It allows for customization of the shaving process.
- Smart Clean – With the ability to place your razor in its port to clean and charge you get the ability to shave what you want. You razor stays ready to use. This is great if you work hectic hours or changing shifts because you don’t forget to charge it.
- LED display – You can see how charged the battery is, when the head needs to be changed, and even when you should refill the cleaning solution. It is an added source of ease in the shaving process.
- Aqua Tech – Aqua tech really is just a more complex way of saying water proof. It means you can use it wet or dry with your shaving gel or without. This is one of the most comfortable ways to shave, with a shaving soap or cream, try It once and you won’t ever go back!
Philips Norelco 9300 Replacement Heads
You can easily replace the heads in the shaver with the Philips Shaver SH90/62 Replacement Head which are also readily available on Amazon.
Philips recommends you replace the heads every 12 months. However, like with any electric razor, you can use your judgement and base it on frequency of use and how thick your beard hair is. You can probably stretch this out a little further however, if you have sensitive skin you may want to follow this recommendation.
Pros of the Philips Norelco 9300
You will love how comfortable and easy to use the Philips Norelco Shaver 9300 is. It is easy to hold, it is easy to adjust. This shaver is even easier to clean since you just plug it in and go. It is ideal for anyone who wants to slimline their morning routine.
You can charge it quickly; it will charge in about five minutes and that single five-minute charge will last you for your entire shave. It is definitely priced to fit into your budget.
While it is lacking some of the features that come with more expensive models, you will like that it handles everything that you really need. It can soft touch controls which are something you probably didn’t even realize that you truly need but once you have it you couldn’t imagine life without it. It functions quietly. Even the vibrations are nice and don’t leave your arm feeling numb.
Cons of the Philips Norelco 9300
The downside of this personal shaver was a little more difficult to explain. It seems to have it all. The problem we found is that the razor itself lasts an amazing amount of time. The battery seems to go years without needing to be replaced.
However, the self-cleaning motor tends to go out within about a year. Then you have to go without it or replace the whole razor. The battery charges fast but doesn’t last for more than an hour. This isn’t a big deal if you leave it on the charging station when not in use, but it does make it harder when you have to take it on the road.
The Final Outlook On Philips Norelco 9300 Review
When you take in the overall package of the Philips Norelco Shaver 9300 you will find that it is the perfect electric shaver to fit into just about any budget without giving up the quality. You may not like the fact it doesn’t stay charged long, but if you just keep it on the charging station, it isn’t that big of a deal. It is a good razor at a reasonable price.
Comparing this to the Braun Series 7, it may catch more hairs that the Braun could miss and shave a little closer on the right face. In fact it shaves so close you need to be careful not to apply too much pressure or you could cause irritation.
This could be a great first model that will last for years to come or a nice upgrade if you are using a cheaper model.
Of course there are some negative reviews from guys who seems like they may have received a bad product which is typical. But for most guys this razor should work well on a an average beard.
Thanks for checking out our Philips Norelco 9300 Review! Tell us how you like it in the comments below!