For those of you with a strong jaw and angular face, the best foil electric shaver is the way to go.
They always work better on the flat parts of your face versus the contours.
With so many out there we wanted to give you some advice on the foil razors that are consistently among the crowd favorites.
Keep reading to see if you can find yours today.
What Is A Foil Shaver?
Foil shavers are electric shavers with a perforated and thin piece of metal between the blades and the cutting surfaces. This metal part is regarded to as the foil, And It assists in protecting sensitive skin from the razor’s blades.
Foil shavers are one of the 2 most prominent types of electric shavers. The other type is rotary shavers, and they utilize independent shaving heads that rotate to shave and move with the face’s contours.
A usual full-size electric foil shaver contains 3 or 4 blades. As a general rule, more blades imply a bigger shaving head and quicker results. There is a limit, nonetheless, to how much improvement more blades can make.
Too many of them and the shaver will become unwieldy and oversized. A large foil shaver will be hard to hold and might sacrifice maneuverability in the name of improved performance.
The key to attaining impressive results with your foil shaver is to move its shaving head in straight, long lines. Consider the tool to be a precision instrument (in opposition to the “any direction is fine” manner in which an electric rotary shaver can be moved.)
Maintaining the ideal amount of pressure can be made easier by using a model foil shaver with a “spring longed” shaving head.
Point to remember: most men consider electric foil shavers to grant the closest shaves, but note that they might be louder compared to their rotating buddies and won’t cope as well with long stubble.
Why Choose The Best Foil Electric Shaver?
An impressive electric shaver will be an investment. It will help you keep looking your best and save you a significant amount of time.
Like stated before, foil shavers consist of thin foil layers covering the blades. The upside of this setup is that your hair gets lifted up from the skin for a precise cut.
The 2nd advantage is that its blades won’t directly touch your skin, and this is amazing news for your skin. An essential point to remember as you are using your foil shaver is, you’re recommended to use it by moving it in a straight line across your face.
Pros of foil shavers:
- Precise shave,
- Grant much closer shaves compared to rotary shavers,
- Much better on the skin.
Cons of foil shavers:
- Various foil shavers do not have a pivoting/tilting head, and this could result in uneven shaves at face contours.
- The shaver’s movements need to get done precisely in straight lines, so if you are only used to rotary shavers, you might experience difficulties.
Even more, you might be better off using the best foil electric shaver if:
- Your hair is fine,
- You shave every single day,
- You desire that extremely close shave,
- You also long for a close shave on your cheeks,
- You are experienced at shaving in straight lines.
Best Foil Electric Shaver Recommendations
Braun Series 7 790cc
Braun is regarded as one of the best electric foil shavers from Germany. On this section of the post, we are going to highlight on one of the most prominent Braun shaver series: the 790cc.
You perhaps already understand that Braun series 7 is the top-rated series coming from this manufacturer and the model 790cc is now among the hottest selling foil shavers around the world.
Let us take a look at the various features making this shaver a bang for most shavers.
To begin with, the shaver has been known to offer clean and close shaves compared to most foil shavers. Even in terms of features, Braun series 7 790cc is way better compared to most electric shavers in this list.
It makes sense to state that the series 790cc is a Pulsonic foil shaver capable of generating up to 10,0000 micro vibrations every minute, ultimately helping you shave more hair in few strokes.
Pros and cons of Braun series 7 790cc.
- Will grant you a clean and close shave in just a few passes.
- Is fast compared to most foil shavers due to its Pulsonic nature.
- The head of the shaver is amazingly flexible and will smoothly move over your facial skin.
- Has an alcohol-based cleaning system and a charging dock that can efficiently kill 99.9% of all bacteria present on your skin in just a single shave.
- Has 3 different shaving modes that you can adjust according to your hair and skin type.
- Lacks the famous wet and dry feature found on most foil shavers.
- A bit expensive for some shavers.
Panasonic Arc 5
If a close shave is what matters most to you, then you ought to look no further beyond the Panasonic arc 5. Most individuals tend to return to using manual shavers because electric shavers, which had promised close shaves, failed to hold up their end of bargain.
If you are one of these individuals, then we recommend that you try out Panasonic Arc 5 and you might change your mind. Panasonic’s top-notch electric shaver, the Arc 5, is a foil shaver and it comes with 5 sturdy blades that can grant unbelievably close shaves.
If you have thick beards, and are used to shaving on a bi-monthly or weekly basis, then Panasonic Arc 5 could be your best foil shaver.
Pros and cons of Panasonic Arc 5.
- Has the one lift tech trimmer to help shave random growing flat hairs.
- Has 3 slit foils to cut down thick and long hairs.
- Comes with a 14,000 CPM linear motor which saves you from tugging and pulling complications.
- Will trim your mustache and beard in few passes.
- Undoubtedly among the best foil shavers that can Grant the shaver an extremely close and clean shave.
- Comes with a cleaning charging dock.
- Has an LED display to alert the shaver of the remaining battery life.
- Has the Wet and Dry technology.
- Lacks comfortability.
- Can result in itchiness.
Braun Series 9 9095cc
Let us review another foil shaver from Braun series and see what it brings to the table.
At 1st glance, the Braun series 9 9050cc model looks cool and sports a shiny chrome plastic on its outside. This product is pretty similar to the Braun 790cc model in-terms of functionality, with the only main modification being that this one comes with an additional trimmer regarded to as “Direct and Cut.”
This shaver aligns all randomly growing beards, trimming them down in depth. The other distinction is that in place of the ActiveLift trimmer in Braun 790cc, the series 9 9095cc model retails with a HyperLift trimmer which is way more powerful and improved when it come’ to cutting down flat hairs.
Pros and cons of 9095cc.
- Has an enticing and pretty cool look.
- Includes the wet and dry technology.
- Will offer the shaver a better close shaving experience.
- Is skin friendly on sensitive skins.
- Comes with a pop-up trimmer.
- Generates up to 40,000 cross-cutting actions every minute.
- Expensive for most shavers.
- Has an impressive build quality.
Braun Series 3 ProSkin
Braun’s series 3 represents the Brand’s alternative to Panasonic’s entry-level Arc 3 line. With an affordable price, excellent comfort, and good performance, Braun series 3 is an extremely attractive package, particularly if you are on a budget.
The foil shavers found in the series 3 Proskin include numerous variations catering to distinct needs. For that reason, we have optional cleaning stations, wet and dry shavers, and dry only shavers.
Nonetheless, all these versions utilize the exact same head, and the performance is identical. The one you purchase branches down to the features you actually desire.
Braun series 3 proskin is reasonably priced and works great for daily use. Even more, you only need to replace its shaving head once every 18 months and this will only cost you half the cost of a similar Arc 3 blades combo and foil.
Pros and cons of Braun series 3.
- Comfortable and suited for sensitive skin.
- Grants clean and close shaves.
- Offers the wet and dry technology.
- Affordable for most shavers.
- Has an impressive look.
- Not as powerful or fast as most foil shavers on this review.
- Doesn’t last long compared to most shavers.
The best thing about Panasonic foil shavers is, they’ll award their shavers clean and close shaves in few passes. With that fact in mind, let us review the Panasonic Arc 3: which happens to be among the hottest selling foil shavers in its family.
This product packs an assortment of features such as an effective battery for backup, astonishingly sharp blades for further closeness, an LED indicator for distinct alerts, the wet and dry technology, and an effective pivoting head.
Pros and cons of Panasonic Arc 3.
- Grants its shaver a clean and close shave.
- Comes with an effective pivoting head.
- Its battery can last a long time.
- Comes with the wet and dry technology.
- Has an LED indicator to display battery status.
- The blades are impressively sharp.
- Has 3 nano-tech blades well suited for sensitive skin.
- Lacks the cleaning and charging dock typically found in most high-end foil shavers.
- Generates lots of noise.
Braun Series 5 5090cc
The Braun series 5 is a fascinating line of foil shavers. “Performance-wise”, they are right at par with the Braun series 7, despite the fact they lack a number of their features, such as the personalization modes.
They also retail with a more basic cleaning station that lacks an active system for drying the foil shaver.
Nonetheless, given the fact that they’re very reasonably priced and their performance is still excellent, they signify a feasible alternative to the Braun series 7 if you are on a limited budget.
The series 5 5090cc is even perhaps the most well-known in this series since it comes with its cleaning station and the price is fair as well.
Pros and cons of Braun series 5 5090cc.
- You won’t experience any razor burns from using this product.
- The foil remains cool throughout the shave.
- Grants a clean, close shave.
- Comes with its cleaning system.
- Not as powerful as most shavers in this review.
- If you have thick beards, you’ll need a couple of passes to attain that close shave.
There is one more foil shaver from the Panasonic family that we would love to review and it’s known as the Panasonic Arc 4. This product is similar to the Arc 5 that we just discussed, the only difference being that this foil shaver has 4 blades and doesn’t come with a charging dock.
Just like its relative version, the Arc 4 also offers incredibly close shaves though it’s not that comfortable.
Pros and cons of the Panasonic Arc 4.
- Has a 4 blade system for clean, close shaves.
- Among the most affordable but still expensive electric shavers in this list.
- Has an in-built LED display panel to show you the battery status and motor speed.
- The battery has a long life.
- Not very comfy to handle.
- Lacks the charging and cleaning dock.
Best Foil Electric Shaver Conclusion
Hopefully, by now you understand what to look for and have a pretty good idea of which one you like.
It is hard to make a general recommendation as every guy’s beard and skin type are different.
You can’t go wrong with any of these razors, just make sure you follow the care instructions well and it will last many years to come.