Some guys shave their head bald out of necessity, others simply like the look. Whatever your reason, the job will be easier with the best razor for shaving head, which could be several.
Sometimes you just need more than one tool to get the job done.
Keep reading to see if you can find yours today.
Recommended Best Shaver For Head
Best Way To Shave Your Head
According to studies, men with shaved heads are perceived as more dominant, strong, and taller (that’s, of course, good news If you are thinking of shaving.)
Shaving the head is not really such a hard task though it can be a bit intimidating the 1st time. For the first time shavers, below is a straightforward guide to walk you through the entire process.
Trim your hair.
To begin with, you need to trim your hair down to a stubble. Anything lengthier than that will just make it harder to shave.
You can visit a barber to help you out with this, or you can also do it yourself using a set of Hair Clippers. It does not need to be cut evenly, but ensure that it’s as short as possible.
Get the right razor
Most effective shaving razors cost less than $80 on Amazon. Below are various suggestions you can choose from.
Wet your head.
Once you are ready to start shaving, wet your head as much as you can. If you’re shaving after taking a shower then your hair should be soft and easy to cut already.
Being soft and wet ensures that your chances of experiencing ingrown hairs or razor bumps are diminished. Various approaches you can use to wet your hair include:
Splashing your hair with warm water for a minimum of 40 seconds (preferably two minutes) or using a wet and moist cloth by placing it on your head for a couple of minutes.
Apply a shaving lubricant.
Apply your best shaving lubricant and work it in as much as you can because this is one of the most imperative steps. The more that lubricant is driven in, the better your shaving experience will be.
The lubricant can make an immense difference in terms of closeness and comfortability so do not neglect this crucial step in your shaving routine.
Whichever oil you opt to use should create a nice coating for protection and grant you a smooth, close shave.
Now start shaving.
Start by shaving the light and soft areas of your hair and conclude with the stiff and coarse regions such as the back of your head.
This will grant your shaving cream some ample time to soften the coarse hair and provide a much more comfy shave. Remember to use even and slow strokes. Do not rush things.
Shaving against the hair growth direction will result in the closest shave, but shaving alongside the grain will result in the least irritation. The direction you opt to shave in will depend on your skin’s sensitivity and how close you need the shave to be.
For the least irritation and minimum chances of nicking yourself, pass over every area of your scalp once. You have the option to shave over the same are a couple of times if need be, but note that each extra pass intensifies the irritation you’ll experience.
Once you are done, clean up and execute your post shave routine. After cleaning up, splash some cool water over the area you just shaved. The hot water you used at the beginning of this routine opened up your pores allowing your skin to draw in moistness.
Cool water will close up these pores, permitting your skin to retain the moisture. Even more, it will cool the skin, making you feel great.
What Head Shaving Products Do You Need?
What you’ll need.
On this section of the post, I’ll enlighten you on the products’ you might need for your shaving routine.
A Shaving Razor.
You undoubtedly need to have a razor you can afford.
The best shaving razor should:
- Grant you the closest shave.
- Be easy to use and clean.
- Last an impressive number of shaves before the blades blunt out.
- Be affordable.
Shaving lubricants come in distinct forms such as shaving oils and shaving creams.
There are lots of products to choose from when it comes to shaving lubricants, and that’s what makes this choice more confusing.
Let’s start by reviewing shaving oils’.
Shaving oils typically come in smaller bottles, though a little amount of shaving oil can go a long way. A one-ounce bottle can typically last around 95 to 100+ shaves, all while protecting the skin against cuts and nicks.
The best thing about shaving oils is your head will experience one of the closest shaves and still stay moisturized after that. The only disadvantage with shaving oils is, you’re shaving razor might gunk up a little bit for the shave, forcing you to rinse it now and then.
Now let’s take a look at Shaving creams.
Try your best and shy away from shaving creams retailing in cans. These products feature tons of chemicals and impurities that ought to not go into your skin.
Go for the foamless shaving creams that act almost like lotions on your skin.
Braun Series 7 790cc – Best Electric Razor For Shaving Head
One of the best product in the line of electric razors is Braun Series 7 790cc. This product includes the best features from the old electric razors’ as well as the newfangled improved technologies.
As a result of its functional and technical excellence, this electric shaver only needs a single pass to leave the shaved area sparkling clean.
Braun series 7 has an impressive stand-alone head that can float concurrently in 4 distinct directions. Even more, this device features 3 distinct shaving modes. You are at liberty to utilize the standard mode or choose the gentle shaving mode If you have sensitive skin.
Some of the product’s pros and cons.
- Executes an incredibly close shave.
- Can also be utilized for wet dry shaving.
- It does not pluck hairs.
- The product has an attractive design.
- Comes with a high capacity battery.
- Extremely portable and you can carry it around if you wish.
- The product has incredible reviews on Amazon.
- The self-cleaning system has a low-build quality.
- You have to purchase cartridges with cleaning ingredient.
Remington XR1400 Verso – Best Razor For Shaving Head Bald
This product’s key features include its waterproof nature, 60-minute wireless charge, and its pivoting head.
Remington’s mid-tier offering stays in close contact with the pivoting head to solidify the ultimate shaving comfort and diminish skin irritation.
Its lithium battery grants the user a 60-minute wireless charge with the charging stand specifying battery statuses. Furthermore, the 5-minute quick charge feature can become a lifesaver If you’ve forgotten to charge the equipment after a couple of uses.
Remington’s WetTech technology ought to grant you a clean and close shave in and out of the shower.
Some of the product’s pros and cons:
- This product works impressively on thick beards.
- The quick 5-minute charge feature may come in handy.
- It’s waterproof.
- It’s stylish.
- The product is assured to grant you a close and clean shave.
- Small, so it’s convenient to handle.
- If well taken care of, this product can last for an incredibly long time
- A bit expensive for most people.
- Is a bit noisy.
Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 – Best Razor For Shaving Your Head
Besides being the perfect head shaving machine, Philips Norelco 4500 is intended for both dry and wet shaving. This product’s AT830 powertouch exclusive feature is a double precision device to shave both short and long hair effectively.
The shaver is equipped with a set of double cut action and patented lift shaving blades well-known for cutting hairs comfortably beneath the skin level.
Its smart pivot feature allows the shaving head to follow the contours of your scalp. Lastly, it’s Aquatec seal implies you can award yourself a wet shave with or without a shaving cream or gel.
Some of the product’s pros and cons:
- The product is recommended for both dry and wet shaving.
- Can effortlessly shave long and thick hair.
- Beginner friendly and easy to use.
- A single charge will last a long time.
- Fairly affordable.
- It’s small and convenient to carry around.
- Does not produce a very close shave.
- The grip angle is not comfortable for most people.
HeadBlade ATX All Terrain Head Razor – Best Razor For Head Shaving
Chances are you’ll fall in love with this product. This shaving razor has been specially designed for shaving one’s head.
Multiple models of this product have been produced over the last couple of years but the HeadBlade ATX all terrain is the greatest and latest of them all.
The key feature of this product is really its beginner-friendly design allowing everyone to shave their heads, even with little experience.
I have also found the ATX to provide a smooth, close, and quality shave with minimum razor bumps and irritations.
Pros and cons of this product.
- The razor design is unlike any other.
- You can quickly change out the blades.
- It’s powerless and cordless implying that you won’t have to deal with the endless use/charge cycle.
- The HeadSlick shaving gel is astonishing.
- Beginner friendly and easy to use.
- You need to be cautious with this product, or else you’ll nick and cut yourself.
- The motion of the ATX is a bit confusing and might take you sometime before you master it.
Edwin Jagger – Best Safety Razor For Head Shaving
This fabulous conventional double-edged safety razor is equipped with the modern precision concocted by Edwin Jagger. The unique design also offers a comfy and close shave with its low-cost blade replacements saving you lots of cash every single day.
Furthermore, this blade’s angle is impeccably suited for both experienced and new double-edged wet shavers.
Some of the product’s pros and cons:
- Has a comfortable weight implying that you can carry it around if you wish.
- Can grant you a close and clean shave with only one pass.
- Extremely affordable.
- You can easily replace this product’s blades. Even on a weekly basis if you wish.
- If well maintained, this razor can last an incredibly long time.
- This product requires lots of practice before a beginner can use it effortlessly.
- Might nick you if you are not careful.
HeadBlade Sport – Best Disposable Razor For Shaving Head
Winner of the 10 designs in Time magazine, HeadBlade Sport takes your head shaving experience to a whole new level.
The training wheels attached to the razor will provide the shaver, incredible stability keeping the razor straight as you go up and down your head.
Some of the pros and cons of this product:
- This product is more comfortable to navigate around as you shave.
- It is beginner friendly and easy to use.
- If well maintained, this product can last for years.
- Will effortlessly grant your hair a clean and close shave.
- Most people have complained that the product is too small.
Derby Extra – Best Razor Blades For Shaving Head
Derby extra is a product of Azmusebat manufactures from turkey. For more than 50 years now, this prominent company has been a supplier of ironmongery, its primary focus being explicitly shaving razors.
Go ahead and try out Derby Extra, which happens to be an excellent choice among lots of shaving experts around the world. Derby Extra’s blades are hardened, perforated, and grounded using the most advanced equipment.
Pros and cons of the product:
- This blade can last a very long time.
- It’s affordable.
- The product is disposable.
- Comes nicely packaged.
- Has some of the strongest blades.
- The blades are durable, but they might not grant you the close and clean shave most shavers’ desire.
There you have it, 6 amazing contenders for shaving your head.
As we mentioned earlier, you may want to use an electric shaver to shave down and use one of the blades to do a final smooth pass.
Ultimately, the razor that is right for you will depend on your hair and skin type as well as your personal preferences.