Norelco 5700 Review
In this Norelco 5700 review, we are going to give you the cold hard facts. While this is a quality electric shaver, there is one thing it needs…
Many will agree that the Norelco 5700 is one of the best electric shavers on the market. In our Norelco 5700 Review, we find this shaver is suitable for any man who wants to tame the lion of his beard or hair.
In any case, this review will encompass the true capabilities of the Norelco 5700 and why it is the perfect electric shaver for you.
Who Makes Norelco?
Norelco is the name of a brand of electric shavers manufactured by Philips, a Dutch technology company specializing in electronics, lighting, and healthcare. Philips started producing electric shavers in America in 1939.
However, business was chiefly delayed in the U.S. until the end of World War II, and resumed in 1948. Philips electric shavers were not popular or successful until 1951 when its two-headed electric shavers were introduced.
From then on, Phillips released commercial electric shavers that were utilized by millions around the world.
Particularly, in the commercial age, many people were impressed by the results of Philips’ brand of electric shavers, and the company and its products garnered much acclaim and attention well until the 21st century.
In 2005, Philips released their brand, “Norelco” to distinguish their brand among the American population.
This shift change caused Phillips to focus more intensively on their brand of electric shavers and make the necessary innovations that will help the general public.
As a result, Philips Norelco is a prominent electric shaver brand that continues to strive for excellence.
Norelco 5700 Review Description
The Philips Norelco 5700 is an electric shaver that is bound to give you a smooth and efficient cut every time, all while saving you time on your morning routine.
This electric shaver allows you to trim at an optimum speed even on the dense parts on your beard, while simultaneously maintaining a polished finish and painless results without irritation afterwards.
In addition, the multi-precision blades can elevate to trim long and short hairs, and the shaving heads can move easily in five directions, giving you the best shave every time.
The blades are also versatile, keeping close contact with your skin as well as your neck and jaw line. With this feature, the Norelco 5700 can supply you with a fast and close shave which will speed up the morning rush and leave you feeling so much better when you finish.
In fact, here are some additional features:
- The Norelco 5700 has a turbo-powered shave option, which can easily trim any size beard with 10% more power than the standard speed.
- The Norelco 5700’s Aquatec Wet and Dry feature will give you a comfortable and wet shave every time.
- This product has a Smart Clean feature, with a skin-friendly formula that cleans up to 10 times better than water.
Norelco 5700 Replacement Heads
It is generally recommended that shaving heads must be replaced every year. With that in mind, be sure to purchase a set of replacement heads that will heighten the shelf life of your electric shaver.
At any rate, Phillips sells replacement heads for their 5000 series electric shavers. These replacement heads come with multi precision blades, that will work just as well as your old ones.
The best thing about these replacement heads is that you don’t just have to use them if your current heads become old, you can switch them out whenever you don’t feel any improvements with your shaving performance.
In this case, Norelco 5700 replacement heads are the perfect addition to an already stellar product.
Norelco 5700 vs 7300
The Norelco 5700 and the Norelco 7300 are both electric shavers under Philips’ Norelco brand. Both electric shavers are similar in terms of functionality but differ in other specifications. Here are some of the similarities of the two products:
- Both electric shavers rotate and trim in five directions.
- Both the Norelco 5700 and 7300 are fully washable and have the Smartclean system.
- The Norelco 5700 and 7300 both come with a Smartclick precision trimmer.
On the other hand, both of these electric shavers are somewhat different. Accordingly, here are some differences between the two electric shavers:
- The Norelco 5700 features the multi-precision blade system, while the Norelco 7300 features the gentle precision PRO blade system.
- The Norelco 7300 is specifically for those with sensitive skin, while the Norelco 5700 is available to everyone.
- The Philips Norelco 7300 has a longer battery life than the Norelco 5700. But the 5700 has a turbo-powered function with 10% more power than the standard speed, even on dense beards and hair.
Pros and Cons
Even though the Norelco 5700 is a great buy for those who want more control and efficiency with their electric shaver. It does have its limits as well as its benefits. To start, some pros of the Norelco 5700 include:
- The turbo powered function easily cuts through dense hair, making shaves easier and more comfortable.
- This product has a Smartclick precision trimmer made perfectly for mustache and side burn trimming.
- It rotates in five directions which will give you a close shave to the skin without all of the irritation.
On the contrary, the Norelco 5700 has some downsides:
- The standard shaving speed is slow.
- The quality of the blades could be better.
Norelco 5700 Review Conclusion
The Norelco 5700 electric shaver is a great buy for men looking to perfectly trim their hair or beard. Although this electric shaver has its shortcomings, it is definitely one of the better Norelco shavers on the market.
Every man’s beard and skin type are different so just make sure you read as many reviews as possible to try to find some you can relate to.