Product: Braun Series 3 3050cc Review
Rating: 4.4/5 stars on Amazon
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon
Warranty: 2-year manufacturer warranty
Striking almost a perfect balance between price and performance, the Braun Series 3 3050cc electric shaver is a nice step up from the 340S-4. It has all of the features you love with a few added bonuses.
Description of Braun Series 3 3050CC Review
For around $130 this foil shaver is loaded down with features:
Features of the Braun 3050CC
- Triple Action Cutting System – it starts with three blades that each have their own suspension. This is great for sliding over the contours of your face. While the head itself does not swivel like some of the higher end models, this will still help you reach more hairs with each stroke of the razor.
- Microcomb technology – the middle blade has this microcomb that helps lift your hairs into the head of the shaver. They claim this works well on a 3-day beard but if you do have a three-day beard you will probably want to trim it down first with the pop up trimmer on the back.
- Wet & Dry Shave – this is always a nice feature to have. Being able to hop in the shower with you razor and not worrying about making a mess in the sink…your wife will thank you! Not only does wet shaving give you more comfort it is easier to rinse and clean your razor as well.
- Clean&Charge station – this is an added feature that you won’t get on the 340S-4. So, if you like the lubrication they use in the station you can pop the shaver on each night and it will be like new in the morning.
- Ni-MH Battery – it comes with a long-lasting nickel-metal hydride battery. One hour charge will give you up to week but probably a little more than that of shaving. You can also get 1 shave with just a 5-minute charge if it dies on you unexpectedly.
Some razor brands will diminish in quality after the first couple months of use. Either the battery starts loosing power or the heads start getting clogged up.
With the Braun Series 3 3050CC you will find that this razor is built to last. The cleaning station really helps keep the heads clear and free of debris and the battery should last a long time.
Once thing you may want to do is shake out any excess hairs before docking the razor on your cleaning station. This will just help the cleaning station do its job better.
Of course, just like with any electric razor, you may have to go over some spots in your beard a couple times to pick up the softer hairs. This is typical. However, for the most part, this will give you a good clean shave, not as close as a razor of course, but you will have the look of a clean shave for sure.
While the Braun Series 3 has recently come down in price, another added benefit over a more expensive razor is the replacement heads are cheaper so you will also save money on maintenance in the long run.
Cons Braun Series 3 3050cc Review
Some of the missing features on the Braun 3050CC that come with the higher end models are things like the intelligent sonic technology. This feature automatically detects the thickness of your beard and will adjust the power to match it. This is a cool feature, especially if you have sensitive areas on your face.
Also, some of the higher end models have 4 blades instead of three. More isn’t always better but these will help you get through your shave faster just because there will be more cuts per minute.
Finally, like we mentioned earlier, the head is stationary and does not pivot. Some of the other models pivot adding even more flexibility allowing you to cut right around the curves of your chin or jawline.
Some common complaints in the reviews on Amazon are one that it doesn’t give a close shave. I’m wondering if those people had too high of expectations as electric shaver can never get as close as a blade.
Someone else complained that the charging station wasn’t great. Overall people seem to really enjoy this razor. Out of 140+ reviews only 8 were not a 4 or 5 star. Check them out for yourself.
Is The Braun Series 3 3050CC worth it?
Absolutely, if you are looking for an electric shaver that won’t kill your budget but will still have some nicer features than less expensive shavers you can not go wrong with the Series 3 3050cc. It is only missing a few features from the more expensive models and is a big step from those below it. As you can see it comes with:
- The shaver
- Charging cord and station
- Cleaning Brush
- Protective cap
This electric razor will keep your beard looking clean for many years to come. Especially if you change out the blades every 18 months like Braun recommends.
Conclusion Braun Series 3 3050cc Review
While the Braun Series 3 3050CC boasts a 4.4 star rating and has many happy customers you won’t really know how it works for you until you give it a try.
However, if you are looking for a solid razor for around $100 this one is definitely worth checking out. You might be pleasantly surprised by the performance.